Support the future leaders in fisheries science and conservation through the Fisheries Opportunity Fund!
The Fisheries Opportunity Fund provides financial support for students to conduct research and gain professional development with the Fisheries Collaborative Program (FCP). Your donation will remove financial barriers to student success by supporting:
- Paid FCP internships for undergraduate and graduate students
- Research supplies for fieldwork and lab work
- Professional development opportunities (e.g. technical training courses)
- Travel costs (e.g. travel to field sites and scientific conferences)
Part of the Institute of Marine Sciences, FCP fosters collaborations between faculty, researchers, and students at UC Santa Cruz and scientists at the NOAA Southwest Fisheries Science Center. Together, FCP scientists are making a global impact on the conservation of threatened and endangered species, domestic and international fisheries management, and understanding the effects of climate change on marine and freshwater ecosystems.
FCP is committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in the training of the next generation of leaders in fisheries science. By supporting the Fisheries Opportunity Fund, you give all students the opportunity to:
- Access and contribute to cutting edge research
- Work alongside UCSC and NOAA scientists in the field and lab
- Make a global impact on the conservation of fisheries resources and ecosystems
- Become the future leaders in fisheries science and sustainability
Thank you, sincerely, for your donation to the Fisheries Opportunity Fund!
The Fisheries Collaborative Program (FCP) at UC Santa Cruz is dedicated to advancing fisheries ecology and conservation through science, education, and outreach to the public. Learn more about us at fisheries.ucsc.edu.