UCSC’s Cal Teach program supports math, science, and engineering (STEM) majors to explore and prepare for K-12 teaching careers. Now more than ever, our society needs to rebuild and sustain its corps of outstanding STEM-educated teachers. Teachers are crucial to inspire and prepare the diverse creators, innovators, and informed citizens of tomorrow. Cal Teach depends on the funds raised on Giving Day to provide scholarships that reduce the financial burden of choosing a career in public service.
Donations to Cal Teach’s Ed & Miriam Landesman Fund ensure Cal Teach can continue to provide scholarships to students who complete internships in local K-12 schools, reimburse prospective and early career teachers for expenses associated with becoming or being a teacher (test fees and classroom equipment), pay for professional development participation, and more!
- Your gift of even $5 will combine with other gifts to tell our students that their commitment to educate our society’s children matters to you
- $88 reimburses a prospective teacher for the required “Certificate of Clearance”
- $150, $300, or $600 provides a scholarship for a UCSC undergraduate in our CaT1, CaT2, or CaT3 (beginning, intermediate, and advanced) course
- Our Giving Day goal of $24,000 will cover the cost of all scholarships for the year
- Any amount helps an early career teacher buy classroom supplies
Thank you for your support of prospective and current teachers!!
Learn more about Cal Teach
Connect with us: Instagram ~ LinkedIn ~ Facebook